Wednesday, December 23, 2009

"A Glorious Season"

Tomorrow is Christmas Eve and I realized that I haven't done much to remember my Savior this year. Sure, Jeff and I have given primary lessons (we teach the 4-5 yr olds!)that have included Jesus Christ but I haven't really sat down and read about or expressed my gratitude to the very person that is to be celebrated at this time of year.
So- tonight I searched for something to help me remember Christ during this wonderful time of year. I found a talk given by Gordon B. Hinkley entitled ''A Glorious Season" (from the New Era December 2007). Perfect! Don't you love those moments where Heavenly Father puts exactly what you are looking for right in front of your face? Well, the words Gordon B. Hinkley shared brought one of those moments to me. For any who wish to take a moment to remember Christ, our Savior this Christmas, I encourage you to read that talk.
I am grateful for my Savior and all that He has done for me. I have learned to rely on Him a lot these past few months. Just when I think I'm doing great, the world around me throws a curve ball and as always, Heavenly Father and my dear Brother Jesus Christ are right there to guide, comfort and strengthen me. What a wonderful gospel!! Such amazing truth, power and inspiration are given to those who simply believe and have faith in Him. It is my testimony that He lives. He is our great Redeemer and deserves our love, gratitude and devotion. May the Lord bless all who are in need of His comfort this Christmas and may all of us remember the sacrifices He made for us.
Merry Christmas! ~Rachel

No comments:

Post a Comment